Digital Download Immediately
Francois - Module 1: Harmony And Chord Progressions
Starting with basics of harmony & chord progressions, you’ll learn how to come up with awesome chord progressions for your productions.
What you’ll learn in this course:
|What you will learn:|
- Principles of western harmony
- Foundations and theory of chord progressions
- Applying this knowledge and finding better chord progressions in your own productions
- We will show you how to come up with interesting and fresh chord progressions for various types of musical genres like house, pop, rock, rnb, blues, classic, future bass, deep house, progressive house and many more
- We are going to show you many nice sound examples - offering a practical application of our theoretical frameworks
- We are going to deeply analyze chord progressions and find out
- why some chord progressions simply work and others don’t
- rules and codes for “hit song” progressions
|How this course is structured|
- In the first part of this course you are going to learn the basics of harmony and chord progressions.
- In the second part you will learn how to come up with great sounding harmonies and chord progressions and how to find voicings “that work” in your own compositions and make them sound more interesting.
- Along the way, we are going to share a lot of our specific composition knowledge and experience.
- You will get around 5 hours of studio sessions with Francois.
|Who is it made for?|
- This course is designed for electronic music producers - we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation - like Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, FL Studio).
- The course is designed for beginners but its also suitable for advanced learners of the subject as we go into great detail after our first “basics” block is covered.
Introduction: Harmony & Chord Progressions
- 1 - Introduction to the Course / Downloads (2:00)
Western Harmony Basics Part 1
- 2 - Overview and Definition of a Chord (3:19)
- 3 - Example: Chords vs. Melodies - Its about the Instruments! (2:13)
- 4 - Intervals (7:01)
- 5 - What is a Scale? C Major Scale (9:56)
- 6 - Triads - Thirds & Fifths, Minor vs Major, Being in “Key” (7:48)
Western Harmony Basics Part 2
- 7 - The Diatonic Chords of C Major (6:24)
- 8 - Roman Numerals and Scale Degrees (6:53)
- 9 - Inversions (11:54)
- 10 - Transposing (5:38)
- 11 - The Natural Minor Scale (2:04)
- 12 - Relative Minor, Circle of Fifths (3:19)
More of what students say:
- “Fantastic tutorial on composition! I’ll be checking more of your guys stuff out” - Nathan L.
- “I just wanted to send you a small email saying this course really has been a game changer. I have learned so much in such a small time frame. Everything was explained so well I could actually follow what you were saying and copy it to my own music” - Colton M.
- “Actually I’ve been producing for over 6 years and I wanted a fresh perspective on music theory. 10/10 is what I give you guys! Great job, easy to follow - simple explanation. Great work. Thanks. Tom.” - Thomas W.
- “I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!”
- “The first course you provided is awesome! Give us a new one 🙂 Love it!” - Woy R.
- “I think your course “Producing a Modern Track from Start to Finish in Ableton” was phenomenal. Please make more courses like this!“ - Eduardo A.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Since the course is about Harmony & Chord Progressions, no specific software is needed to follow along. If, however, you decide on one of the additional pricing plans, Ableton Live 9 is required for the sound packs.
Absolutely! The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. This course will give you a great foundation for producing in Ableton and including more sound packs, you’ll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You’ll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
We offer a couple of versions starting with the single paid course and adding in more and more specials like “Easy Start Pack” for Ableton users, “Complete Templates Packs” (2 packs with each around 20 professionally crafted Ableton Templates) and “Premium Pack” (in the 3rd, full version), adding 750+ Massive presets, tons of MIDIs and song idea templates for Ableton to give you an incredible start. If you’re not sure which version to pick, hit us up with a quick message to productionmusiclive (aatt) gmail.com - we’re happy to help!
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund on the course (due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part).
I’m Francois, classically trained musician and music producer from Germany with an insatiable passion for great sound design, audio engineering and electronic music production. I’ve already released tracks on labels such as Universal Music, Parquet Recordings, Portrait Digital Recordings, Somatic Sense, Jannowitz Records and others. Maybe you’ve seen one of my tutorials on our YouTube channel “Production Music Live”. Since I like exploring new ways of working and acquiring new skills, I decided to share some of my knowledge and skills.
Check out some of my electronic music productions onSpotify
Francois - Module 1: Harmony And Chord Progressions on sunlurn.com