Bessel van der Kolk - Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Treatment Mastery Course
- New Updates from ADA & AACE
- Pharmacology Updates
- Co-Morbidities & Treatment Recommendations
- Minimizing Biomechanical Complications
- Managing Acute Complications
- Special Considerations for Special Populations
DIABETES…Alarming Increases, Devastating Costs, Crippling the Future of America! Every time you watch the news it confirms that you are caring for today’s most common and most complicated patients. The prevention and treatment guidelines seem to change constantly, the patients are getting younger and sicker and you are busier than ever! Are you left wondering how you can make a difference in your patients’ lives?
Expert Mary Ann Rosa works directly with the most challenging patients with diabetes and understands how difficult it is to manage this complex disease. Attend this seminar and increase your understanding of the latest treatment guidelines and pharmacologic interventions. Mary Ann will provide strategies to optimize patient outcomes and practical tips you can use to educate and empower your patients. Don’t miss this opportunity to improve the care you provide to patients with diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- All NEW 2015 Standards of Care
- BMI Classifications
- Immunization Recommendations
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- Updates to the Comprehensive
- Diabetes Algorithm
- Reimbursement Strategies
- New American College of Cardiology Guidelines
- Recommended Treatment Based on Risk Factors
- Critical Lab Values
- Statin Therapy
- Non-statin LDL-C-lowering Therapy
- Omega 3
- Modifications in Diagnostic Criteria
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Low Dose vs. Aggressive Therapy
- New Guidelines for Assessment
- Foot Exam & Treatment Alterations
- Skin Assessment
- Strategies for Patient Compliance
- Recurrence Prevention
- Neurological Predisposition
- Vascular Considerations
- Microvascular changes
- Challenges with Retinopathies
- AACE Profiles & Recommendations
- Alpha-glucosidase Inhibitors
- DPP-4 Inhibitors
- SGLT-2 Inhibitors
Blood Glucose Pattern Analysis
- 2015 Glycemic Targets
- Adjusting Treatment
- Utilizing CGM
Individualized Glycemic Treatment Goals
- Dual Therapy
- Benefit of Early, Aggressive Control
When to Transition to Insulin
- Progressive B-cell Failure
- Insulin Profiles
- Basal Therapy
- Intensifying Therapy
- Benefits of Insulin Pump Therapy
- New Options
- Closed Loop Therapy
Management Strategies for Acute Complications
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA)
- Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Non-ketotic Syndrome (HHNK)
- Surgery & Hospitalization
Addressing Special Populations
- Type II in Children/Adolescents
- Variations in Targets and Therapies
Putting it All Together
- AADE-7 Behavioral Goals
- Strategies for Compliance
- Motivating Change
Would you like to receive Bessel van der Kolk - Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s Trauma Treatment Mastery Course ?
- Communicate the various pharmacologic treatment options for diabetes.
- Breakdown effective new strategies to improve patient outcomes.
- Formulate a plan of care for the patient with complications related to diabetes.
- Integrate motivational interviewing strategies to facilitate patient behavioral changes.
- Evaluate biomechanical treatment strategies to improve patient outcomes.
- Assess the new recommendations for cardiometabolic disease.
- Develop management strategies for the patient experiencing a diabetic emergency.