Acing Your Interview
Ace your interview and land the job you want. Join author Valerie Sutton as she explores the different types of interview questions and styles you might expect, and how to prepare for them by researching the company and practicing your answers. Uncover the best ways to create a good first impression and navigate the interview, as well as handle the tricky questions and identify the unlawful ones. Plus, learn how to assess your own performance, thank the company for their time, and follow up on a decision.
- Understanding interview formats
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Researching potential employers
- Establishing good body language in the interview
- Reviewing your performance
- Answering questions using the Situation-Action-Result method
- 1. Preparing for the Interview
- 2. Interviewing
- 3. Following Up
- 4. Interview Scenarios
About The Author
Valerie Sutton is a thought leader in career theory and student services in university settings. An experienced career coach within the MBA and education sectors, she has an expertise in applying research to practice, by utilizing technology to help create a “career consciousness” with her clients. As a Director of the Career Services Office, she has oversight of services that reach over 900 students annually at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.