We dive into what ‘recovery’ after SCI really means, and share both SCI-athlete and SCI-trainer perspectives on what is possible after a spinal cord injury.
If you had a spinal cord injury, if you work with SCI clients, or if you are a family member / caretaker to someone who had an SCI, this course is for you!
We are ing this Conversation by laying a foundation of important concepts for deeper discussion in later courses & webinars.
With four modules exploring different aspects of paralysis, recovery, bodily re-integration and safety, no matter what your background is, we are sure you will find some new insight on the recovery process.
In this course, we address:
- What impacts does a paralyzing injury have on the whole being?
- What does it mean to ‘recover’ from spinal cord injury?
- What are the currently available options for recovery?
- Is it possible to make recovery a step-wise process?
- What are safety concerns and contra-indications for training SCI?
This course was recorded as a live webinar, so there is audience interaction at intervals throughout.
We hope you’ll explore with us!
- Theo & Stephanie