Sequencer (which is included with the Unreal Editor – no additional download necessary) is a powerful editor which allows you to add tracks and animate everything from your cameras to your characters to your world.
In this course you will be able to do the following:
- Create your own non-interactive cut scene which is triggered from gameplay.
- Compose interesting camera shots and animate your cameras as if you were Steven Spielberg’s personal camera operator.
- Create movement and flavor in your levels by animating world events to take place as the player moves through your level (explosions and landslides anyone?).
- Create simple gameplay systems such as allowing the player to open doors when they run near them.
- Create animation sequences and render them to movie format so that you can make your own short films if you so desired.
And along the way we’ll talk about cinematography theory such as the different types of shots you can create or the various ways to move your camera, including creating camera rails and camera cranes.