Financial Services Anti-Fraud Risk and Control Workbook
* Paperback: 288 pages
* Publisher: Wiley; Workbook edition (January 7, 2010)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0470498994
* ISBN-13: 978-0470498996
Myth-busting guidance for fraud preventionin a practical workbook format
An excellent primer for developing and implementing an anti-fraud program that works, Financial Services Anti-Fraud Risk and Control Workbook engages readers in an absorbing self-paced learning experience to develop familiarity with the practical aspects of fraud detection and prevention at banks, investment firms, credit unions, insurance companies, and other financial services providers.
Whether you are a bank executive, auditor, accountant, senior financial executive, financial services operations manager, loan officer, regulator, or examiner, this invaluable resource provides you with essential coverage of:
* How fraudsters exploit weaknesses in financial services organizations
* How fraudsters think and operate
* The tell-tale signs of different types of internal and external fraud against financial services companies
* Detecting corruption schemes such as bribery, kickbacks, and conflicts of interest, and the many innovative forms of financial records manipulation
* Conducting a successful fraud risk assessment
* Basic fraud detection tools and techniques for financial services companies, auditors, and investigators
* Fraud prevention lessons from the financial meltdown of 2007-2008
Written by a recognized expert in the field of fraud detection and prevention, this effective workbook is filled with interactive exercises, case studies, and chapter quizzes, and shares industry-tested methods for detecting, preventing, and reporting fraud.
Discover how to mitigate fraud risks in your organization with the myth-busting techniques and tools in Financial Services Anti-Fraud Risk and Control Workbook.
About the Author
PETER D. GOLDMANN is founder and President of White-Collar Crime 101 LLC, the parent company of FraudAware and publisher of the monthly newsletter, White-Collar Crime Fighter. He has been the Publisher and Editor of White-Collar Crime Fighter for over twelve years and is recognized as a leading expert in the areas of fraud detection, prevention, investigation, and training. He has written numerous articles on practical approaches to fraud prevention and detection.