Succeeding as a Freelance White Paper Writer
Secrets From the World's Top Three Writers
Are you a freelance writer looking to add white papers to your portfolio? Do you currently offer white paper services, but struggle with their complexity?
Did you know that 74 percent of professional services companies rank white papers as an excellent source for lead generation, according to a recent study by RainToday?
Are you ready to jump into the hot white paper marketplace?
Simply put, white papers are popular because they help businesses stand out from the crowd.
Do you understand how to sell white paper services AND are you ready for the hurdles you will face?
Because white papers are among the longest and most complicated of writing projects, they create significant challenges for freelancers.
To address these issues head on, we have invited the world's top three white paper writers to share their knowledge and experience operating as freelancers.
In an exclusive one-hour class, you will gain insight and be taught processes that have been refined over decades by the masters in this field.
Meet Our Special Guest Panel
Our panel of experts includes Gordon Graham, Jonathan Kantor and Michael Stelzner.
These top three white paper writers (who happen to also be freelancers) have jointly written more than 400 white papers for many of the world's biggest businesses.
Gordon Graham, also known as "ThatWhitePaperGuy" has been a freelance writer for more than 25 years and has written for clients such as Autodesk, IBM, Intuit and Oracle. He is also the editor of SoftwareCEO.com.
Jonathan Kantor is the founder of The Appum Group, (also known as "The White Paper Company"), a firm that specializes in writing white papers. He has been producing white papers for more than two decades for big names such as Intel, Proctor & Gamble, Adobe, Sun Microsystems, Lexmark and BMC Software.
Michael Stelzner is the author of the best-selling book, Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged, the founder of WhitePaperSource and has written white papers for leading companies such as Microsoft, FedEx, Motorola, HP and Monster.
By attending this class, you'll get answers to these important questions:
- What is the market opportunity for freelance white paper writers?
- How can I best pitch white papers to existing clients and prospects?
- What are the most challenging aspects to freelance white paper projects and how can I overcome them?
- What types of companies benefit the most from white papers?
- How long does it take to create a white paper?
- What are some strategies for billing these complex projects?
- What steps can be taken to improve the review cycle and client responsiveness?
- Are there industries where white papers do not work?
- What are some mistakes that should be avoided when working on a white paper project?
- Do I need white paper samples to land white paper projects?
Freelance White Paper Writing Can Be Extremely Lucrative
There is real money to be made writing white papers. However, there are also real issues that must be understood before jumping into the world of white papers.
A small investment in this class could change your business in a big way.
Reasons You Will Benefit From This Class
- Learn new ideas to fast-track your success
- Gain direct access to the three industry leaders
- Experience various viewpoints and strategies from the panel discussion
- Attend from the comfort of your home or office
- Class class recording and transcript enable detailed study
Here's what's included:
1. The 60-minute class (taught by the top three freelance white paper writers)
2. A downloadable recording of the class that you can play back on your iPod, MP3 player or computer
3. A complete word-for-word transcript of the class.