- Fresh integrative research-based and clinically-proven techniques
- Explore principles of yoga, mindfulness, breath and the gut in developing: flexible thinking, memory, planning, organization, impulse control, emotional regulation, attending behavior, task initiation and habit building
- Strategies to cultivate motivation, efficacy, carry over and decrease fear, anxiety, resistance
- Modify sensory input to increase alertness or facilitate calming
This workshop brings fresh integrative research-based and clinically proven techniques to enhance initiation, engagement, attending behavior and memory, as well as processing and self-monitoring.
Together, we will explore integrative tools we can use with challenges such as: the kid who scores well on tests but performs poorly in school, who is distracted and impulsive, who lacks motivation or is hindered by anxiety.
We will explore the foundational elements of brain function, effects of the gut and sensory input, as well as stress and fear. Then we will devote our time to learning and experiencing specific strategies that will make a real difference in children’s lives:
- Developing healthy habits
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Self-generation and determination
- Impulsivity and healthy social connections
Sought after occupational therapist and international lecturer, Lorelei Woerner-Eisner shares her 20 plus years of experience, continuing education, and therapeutic techniques, as well as her integrative perspective on wellness.
This seminar will provide you with a broader and deeper view of executive function that will increase your effectiveness as a therapist. You will leave with ideas to stimulate your own creativity, and strategies to facilitate cooperation and carry-over in your clients. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to explore integrative and cutting-edge treatment ideas!