- Enhance your client’s capability to change
- Innovative and creative ways to teach DBT skills
- DBT skills training presented in a way you can understand them! - for all clincians!
By popular demand, you can now learn “just the skills”.
You don’t have to be a Dialectical Behavior (DBT) therapist for your clients to benefit from the DBT skills. Learn 85 DBT skills in this recording.
This recording is intended for any therapist, from expert to novice, practicing any model of treatment - from psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive behavioral, and more. You and your clients can benefit from learning 85 practical DBT skills.
Designed to enhance the client’s capabilities to change, dialectical behavior therapy teaches clients four major sets of life skills:
- Core Mindfulness Skills (what do you do and how do you become mindful)
- Distress Tolerance Skills (crisis survival skills)
- Emotion Regulation Skills (increasing emotions to feel that life is worth living)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills (assertiveness training while maintaining relationships and self-respect)
DBT skills training is considered the easiest mode to implement in a variety of settings. These skills are now being taught to clients who suffer from self-harm, treatment-resistant depression, eating disorders, substance abuse and addiction - in addition to borderline personality disorder.
Watch Dr. Vaughn and learn how to pick and choose which skills are the most appropriate for your client population and how to teach them. The research now informs us that DBT skills alone work.
Stephanie Vaughn, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist-HSP, is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.