Google AdWords Essential Training
By: David Booth
Duration: 3h 16m
Released: Jan 27, 2014
Updated: Jun 13, 2014
Quickly harness the power of Google AdWords and get the most value from your pay-per-click (PPC) spend. Learn how to choose the best keywords, write compelling ad copy, and measure the effectiveness of your ads on the leading PPC platform. AdWords expert David Booth explains the PPC landscape and shows how to use AdWords to get more clicks, conversions, and ultimately more return on your investment in search advertising. This course explains the best practices for setting up your account and offers lessons on keyword research, bidding strategies, the all-important Quality Score, conversion tracking, and campaign optimization. Plus, learn about remarketing with display ads and video advertising with YouTube.
- Creating an AdWords account
- Researching keywords with the Keyword Planner tool
- Targeting locations and languages
- Writing great ad headlines and copy
- Setting campaign budgets and bidding
- Using ad groups
- Working with and optimizing your Quality Score
- Installing conversion tracking code
- Measuring ROI
- Testing ads with split tests
- Creating a remarketing campaign
- Creating a video ad campaign
01. Getting to Know AdWords
02. Getting Started
03. Researching Keywords
04. Creating Your First Search Campaign
05. Creating Your First Ad Group
06. Understanding Quality Score
07. Tracking Ad Performance
08. Optimizing for Performance
09. Using Display Ads in Remarketing Campaigns
10. Leveraging Video Advertising
David is a consultant, an instructor, and one of the founding partners of cardinalpath.com. He has spent over a decade advising companies and organizations throughout North and Central America in web design, technology selection and deployment, search engine marketing, analytics and business intelligence, statistical analysis, and conversion testing. David has led seminars, trainings, and sessions focused on web site analytics and search and conversion marketing for audiences ranging from top executives to technical implementation teams.
He has been involved in web application development as an engineer and consultant since 1998, beginning his career as a technical marketing engineer with Intel. He also spent two years with the Peace Corps, developing and deploying web sites and web applications to attract grants and international aid for Guatemalan NGOs and local development organizations. David is a Google Analytics, AdWords, and Website Optimizer Certified Trainer, and his firm is a Google Analytics, AdWords, Website Optimizer, and Urchin Certified Partner.
David earned his MBA in international management from the Monterey Institute of International Studies, and he holds a BS in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.