Setting Up Your Small Business as a Legal Entity
By: Dana Robinson
So you’ve decided you want to set up your own small business; you’re probably wondering: Should I incorporate? If so, how do I file? And what are the costs for forming a corporate entity?
Learn the answers to these questions and more, in this course with attorney and entrepreneur Dana Robinson. He covers the basics of incorporation, explaining the differences between a corporation and an LLC, helping you decide if a sole proprietorship is right for your situation, and providing advice on choosing and forming a corporate entity. Along the way, he explains how to establish bylaws, set up a tax ID for the IRS, and navigate state and local laws, in order to get your business off to a great start
* What is a sole proprietorship?
* Understanding corporate entities
* Exploring corporations and LLCs
* Choosing a corporate entity
* Creating an operating agreement
* Exploring incorporating examples
* Establishing an IRS tax ID