Crash Course in Cardiac Nursing Skills for Success
The complexity of the cardiac system leaves even seasoned nurses confused and feeling insecure in their abilities. If you miss even subtle changes of the many things to consider with cardiac output, it could lead to grave consequences for your patient. Don't let your patients pay the ultimate price...become a CARDIAC EXPERT today!
This ground-breaking online course features nationally-recognized speaker Cyndi Zarbano, MSN-Ed, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, NLCP, with her dynamic and high energy delivery format that makes the information stick. Together, you will:
- Master EKG interpretation
- Take the fear & intimidation out of cardiac assessment
- Sharpen your crisis management skills
- Dive into the cardiovascular drug cabinet
- Gain management strategies for life-threatening cardiac conditions
- Uncover tips & tools to use the very next day!
By building your knowledge step by step, you'll finally have the specialized clinical skills and strategies to respond confidently, which may end up saving your patients' lives.
Crash Course in Cardiac Nursing
Cardiovascular Assessment: Critical Clues You Should NEVER Miss
- Impending Doom: Recognizing the Red Flags
- Neck Vein Evaluation
- What Does the Blood Pressure Really Mean?
- Don't Miss a Beat Interpreting Heart Sounds
- Significant Murmurs
- Rapid Stabilizing Interventions
Life-Threatening EKG Changes: Clues From the 12-Lead
- Location, Location, Location! Anatomy of the 12-Lead
- 3 Rules of Recognition
- Cardiac Axis: Meaning & Assessment
- Recognition of RBBB & LBBB
- STEM I & NSTEM I -- What's the Difference
Fast & Slow Dysrhythmias
- Choosing Your Monitor Leads Wisely
- Identifying AV Passive & Active Tachycardias
- Aberrant Pathways
- Atrial Fibrillation with WPW
- AV Node Re-entry Rhythms
- Mono and Polymorphic V-Tach
- Heart Blocks
- Critical Nursing Actions
Cardiovascular Drug Cabinet from A to Z
- The Latest Updates & Recommendations
- Medications that Impact Cardiac Output
- Vasoactive Medications
- Medications that Impact Clotting
- Treating Hyperlipidemia
- Management Strategies for Hypertension
- Nursing Implications for Administration
- Precautions with the Elderly Patient
Acute Coronary Syndrome: Diagnosis & Management Guidelines
- STEM I vs. NSTEM I Treatment Strategies
- Critical Cardiac Labs
- EKG Interpretation: Identifying the Differences
- Urgent vs. Emergent Interventions
- Managing Complications
The Failing Heart: Acute Management Priorities
- Systolic vs. Diastolic Heart Failure
- Classification Systems
- Acute Medication Protocols
- Biventricular Pacing
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
Cardiac Emergencies: Risk, Recognition, & Response
- Bedside Assessment Clues
- Pulmonary Embolus
- Myocardial Rupture/Tamponade
- Tension Pneumothorax
- Aortic Dissection
- Critical Thinking Checkpoints
Emergency Interventions for Atrial Fibrillation
- Critical Decision-Making: The Decompensating Patient
- Control Rate
- Control Rhythm
- Prevent Stroke
- Surgical Intervention
- Key Nursing Assessments & Interventions
Plus, when you register today, you will get this additional bonus:
ABG & Rhythm Analysis Made Easy
Every nurse should be able to interpret ABGs and cardiac rhythms. But, even the most seasoned nurses can struggle to correlate the findings with the patient’s clinical presentation and know what interventions are critical. In this program expert Cyndi Zarbano will provide you with the tips and tools you need to be confident in your analysis and improve outcomes for your patients.
Nurses like you rave about the teaching style of this expert:
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN-Ed, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, NLCP, Cyndi Zarbano is an intensive care nurse with over 20 years of nursing experience who is currently practicing in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. She is a nationally-recognized seminar speaker who has opened multiple national symposiums and speaks on several topics for PESI, as well as a variety of other companies in the US and Canada. In addition to her speaking engagements, Cyndi is a published author with a variety of books including Clinical Nursing Assessment Skills Pocket Guide and the Medical Surgical Nurses Pocket Guide. Her products also include textbooks, webcasts and webinars.
Along with her MS and BSN in nursing, she has 3 other undergraduate degrees and multiple nursing certifications. She served as a US Naval Officer for 10 years, leaving service as an LCDR (Lieutenant Commander) in 2001. Prior to nursing, she worked as a counselor with the mentally ill and dangerous in a facility in southern Minnesota. She returned to that facility as a Lead Psychiatric Nurse for two years after leaving the military. Additionally, Cyndi has a legal nurse consulting business and continues to serve as a testifying expert in medical related cases. Cyndi’s teaching style is dynamic and high energy while informal and easy to understand. You will leave her program with a renewed commitment to achieving nursing excellence in critical care.
Learning that Fits YOUR Schedule:
Watch your email for an order confirmation with the account access link to get started on materials instantly. View any of the video modules online at your convenience. You will have unlimited access to the videos online, and you can download everything for future reference! Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
Interact and collaborate with other professionals in the online community through chat boards and online forums. Participants love sharing ideas, asking questions and networking with peers!
Complete your CE tests online at the completion of each module, with instant access to your CE certificates - earn up to 13.5 CE hours.
Download immediately Crash Course in Cardiac Nursing Skills for Success now