Adam Eason - The Science of Self-Hypnosis
ADAM IS PASSIONATE ABOUT HIS WORK WITH HYPNOSIS AND IS ON A MISSION TO ENSURE THAT:
- HYPNOTHERAPY IS EVIDENCE BASED
- HYPNOSIS IS DE-MYSTIFIED
- - NO MYSTIQUE
- - NO HOCUS POCUS
- THE VIDEOS AND AUDIOS THAT MAKE UP THIS PROGRAMME ARE A SOUND COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL APPROACH TO THIS ANCIENT AND IMPORTANT MIND THERAPY
Here are some notes that Adam has put together to give some feel for the extent of his coverage of the subject self-hypnosis in this massive programme. Some of it quite controversial and challenging – enjoy the debate.
Notes About Content Of Download Audios and Videos
- The rationale for evidence based self-hypnosis: why Adam insists on being evidence-based.
- Demonstration of the benefits of self-hypnosis: The benefits to you are explained and supported with research studies, they are not just anecdotal. The core mindset required to be a successful self-hypnotist: Proof that self-hypnosis is a learnable skill that anyone can learn and anyone can get better at with practice: Your hypnotisability is NOT set in stone.
- Dispelling popular misconceptions: Presenting studies and research that dispels myths and misconceptions that still plague this field.
- Comparing self-hypnosis and hetero-hypnosis (being hypnotised by someone else): Looking at what research shows to be the main differences.
- Hypnotic skills training: A wide range of skills used by highly qualified hypnosis professionals and academics are shared so that you can become a better, more responsive self-hypnotist.
- A wide range of hypnotic inductions to use: The programme includes a very wide variety of inductions that are supported by evidence and had many years of being field-tested and tweaked by Adam.
- A depth of underlying principles to advance your skills: Understand how everything works, not just regurgitating, you get to know “why.”
- The way to derive the most benefit from your suggestions: The most effective way to employ your cognitions.
- How to create progressive hypnotic programs for change: How to apply the skills to vast facets of your life.
- Methods of delivering suggestion: A number of ways to make sure you respond to the suggestions you choose.
- How to harness the ability of your imagination: Even those who think they struggle with imagination will learn how to use it effectively.
- Abandoning ideas of ‘a special trance state’: Moving away from the intangible, mysterious and misleading explanations of hypnosis and showing how anyone can apply this skill set.
- Offering up a mass of empirical evidence to support the use of self-hypnosis: Showing that we have proper, peer reviewed evidence to support our learning.
- Historical precursors and context of modern self-hypnosis: Learning how the field developed and where it’s roots lie and seeing that self-hypnosis has been around and in our lives for a long time.
- The refuting of the notion of the Unconscious Mind: There is no such thing as the unconscious mind.
- Celebrating critical thinking: how to develop criticial thinking skills.
- Learning to use intelligent reasoning: Not relying on gut feelings or instincts.
- The cognitive behavioural conceptualisation and approach to self-hypnosis: Understanding the nonstate, evidence supported model of self-hypnosis.
- Learning a wide range of convincers: We don’t just teach theory. You get to prove and demonstrate your skills with some convincers that give you proof of what you can do.
- Couéism: The full approach explained by the many considered by many to be the “Father of Self-Help.”
- Structured, specific protocol for using self-hypnosis: An easy, step-by-step protocol for you to follow in order to apply self-hypnosis with ease